This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited countries map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited countries mapInteractive maps

Monday, October 30, 2006

Sleepless in Sunnyvale

To many, my job is like a dream job. Traveling around the world, exploring new places, meeting new people. I really concur with that perception for the last couple of years. However, recently I think traveling has taken its toll on me. Some of you might have heard me complain, my hair is falling off, complexion is getting from bad to worse, and my auditees have been guessing me at incredible ages. Sigh...........

With this job theres lots of sacrifices to be made in addition to those i listed above. Its NEVER a bed of roses. The pictures and adventures I post are all nice and pretty but theres the depressing times that will never be shown. When you are always alone in your hotel room in a foreign land, not knowing what to do. No family to disturb, no boyfriend to go out with, not much money to spend. So my emotions are like a roller coaster ride. Excited and happy to be in foreign land, sad and lonely coz with all the nice things theres no one to share. Sad shit....

With this post I probably sound like I am having depression. But no worries I am not. This is the lowest emotional point especially since I have just got back from a nice holiday in Desaru. Relaxing by the beach and pool, playing tennis, ping pong, just lazing around with my loved one. Ahhhh... if only everyday is like that. Suntan with no worries. I know I will probably be bored after 2 weeks but then I can always find a new hobby. I have been wanting to learn tennis, practise my golf, learn yoga etc. I promised my loved one we would learn dancing but no available courses will let me take 1 class skip 3. We were positively inspired by one of the movies we caught (ok i dun remember the name) Ha! None of which can be done since I am rarely home.

Coming to this point, I really have to write a thank you speech to all who have loved me and tolerated with my crazy lifestyle. Without everyone's support, I wont have come thus far and in fact I consider myself extremely lucky and blessed.

1. My family.. for being so supportive of my weird living habits.
2. My friends.. whom I always say I would meet but really we meet only in cyberspace.
3. My dearest.. showering me with love & concern wherever I am, sacrificing to accomodate my career.

So to my career roadmap, where do I go next? I know who I want to be with, where I want to be. But with my job, is it possible????

1 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger Yiren said...

You sure you want to convert to another religion?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home