Random Blabbers
As I spend another 20+ hours of my life on the plane, there are random flashes of thoughts/events that took place in the last few days/weeks and also ideas (read “light bulb flashing!”) for my life, my near future and my not-so-near future. I attribute these to the fact that I rarely reflect on the day’s activities. So getting on the plane is akin to ending an episode of my life. Just like changing jobs signify the close and beginning of a new chapter. I don’t want my life to be like soap opera.
Snippets of what came to my mind (random order):
Engaged in some stock trading last week In fact I think I was rash (as usual). Usually I would monitor the movement for a day and then decide what to do with it. Generally, CQ calls this speculation with little knowledge whereas I call it my “gut feel” strategy of investing. Plus I had the attitude, “Its my $$ anyway!”. The point is, on hindsight, I did something quite different from what I normally do, which is to hold out for the best price (lowest/highest depending on buy/sell) for the day. And I will put in the order and just wait for it to happen. But strangely enough, I couldn’t make up my mind what was the IDEAL price. So I just kept canceling the order. If I had used a broker, he would have killed me. On another trade, I also was unable to decide on the price. So I just entered the market price and viola the transaction is complete. I have never ever done that in all my trades. And of course, being the ever so greedy person, I checked the prices again today. Lets just say I don’t think I made the right choices (for the long term that is).
I received a comment that I am very optimistic. And ya, I would say this is a fair comment. My color profile is Yellow and my response to my friend was, “I think I am florescent yellow. Highlighter kinda yellow!”. Am I? Really??
Getting to know some old guys at Rio from our tour group. They treated me and Claire to Sunday Brunch. The world is so small. The guys are commercial pilots from US and are in Rio to fly a plane to China (via Capetown) for repairs and refurbishing and after that to Mexico, the final destination. Varig Airlines, Brazil’s national carrier went bust in July. (The reason for my 40 hours journey!) This party of guys are to fly the Varig planes coz they are being sold to Mexico Airlines. We promised to keep in touch so that when we go to US or they fly to Singapore, we could meet up again.
I’m at the time of my life where friends are getting married and having babies. Just these 2 weeks, I received news and photos of 3 newborns. Sooo cute!!! Bundles of joy people call them. So Dec/Jan are romantic months? Maybe it’s the festive season or mood or holidays. In the next 4 months, I have 5 wedding invites. Maybe that’s why I needed to sell my shares, bo lui liao!!! 2007 probably would be more. Not that I am complaining, since its “Xi Shi”. Best wishes!!! Actually I try my best to make it to every wedding because I want to bask in their happiness as well, share their joy. If I were to get married, I would also love to have all my friends to share in my joy and bliss…
Next destination.. To the land of spending $$$... must up all my credit card limits to maximum! Strategizing what I would say to the banks since I always pay my bills late. Prada, Gucci, Ferragamo??? Packing my suitcase is a problem for this trip.. Gotta be dressy and stylish… yet comfy and adequate for the weather… plus I need to think about how to move my luggage around... *headache*
Planning holiday……………. I need one…… I want one… Where to?????? This has been overdue for too long.. I am almost one year without a proper holiday… damn…
I had many many more thoughts.. trust me.. my speedy thoughts and slow typing didn’t match well.. thus this shall be it for the time being.. the whole plane is asleep except me.. the only BRIGHT SHINING LIGHT in the entire cabin.. I am a fallen star…


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home